Ladies and gentlemen, in case you were somehow unaware, it gets HOT in the District. Now you know.
How do we combat the heat? Sangria.
♫ Music Pairing: Too Hot To Hold. ♫
This funky track comes out of the funky City of Brotherly Love and is featured on Mr. Keb Darge’s “Legendary Deep Funk Vol. 1” compilation, released in 1997.
- 2 bottle chilled prosecco
- 4 oz Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 sliced peaches
- Fresh basil leaves
- Put the fruit and the liqueur in a container a few hours beforehand, in the fridge, so the flavors can meld and the fruit gets nice and tipsy.
- Put it all in a pitcher when you’re ready to serve, and make sure you put a wooden spoon in there so your friends can fish out the fruit.
- Enjoy on a rooftop!