Ain’t no party like a grilled cheese party! Our series continues with a combination of cranberry, brie, and honey. It’ll knock your socks off.
Put them back on, though. It’s cold out there.
Again, this season we enjoyed a mix of sweet and savory sandwiches with seasonal ingredients.
THE AUTUMN SERIES:
- Fig and manchego
- Pear and gorgonzola
- Leek and cheddar
- Cranberry and brie
- Banana bread with brie and dark chocolate
♫ Music pairing: Cranberry Moonwalk. ♫
Click to listen: B.o.B – “Cranberry Moonwalk”
Decatur, GA’s B.o.B made it too easy for me to find a music pairing for this cranberry recipe..!
- First, you’re going to have to prep your cranberries. This is a pretty standard way to prepare cranberry sauce. If you plan to use the honey for this recipe, reduce the sugar by about half. I’d reduce it by half regardless, but that’s just me.
- Once your cranberries are prepped, in a grill pan (or regular skillet, if you don’t care about grill marks), butter one side of each slice, and grill that. Remove once bread is well grilled.
- Lay slice #1 grilled-side down on a baking sheet, lay down your brie slices and spoon some cranberry over it. Drizzle with a little honey if so moved.
- Lay slice #2 grilled-side down on a baking sheet, and add a layer of cheese. Later you’ll press the two together. See what I did there? Cheese on both sides makes the sandwich stick together nicely.
- Once you’ve assembled them all, put them in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and bread is crispy on the outside.
- Press the two halves together.
- Slice in half and enjoy.