Fig Fest continues!
This is a continuation of the Fig Fest menu, which included:
- Fig and thyme pisco cocktail
- Moutabal (which is kind of like baba ganoush but, in my opinion, even more delicious)
- Fig and arugula pizza
- Peach and pecan salad
- Lamb with thyme and haricots verts
- Fig and honey goat cheesecake
I made this lovely pizza with mozzarella di bufala, which is extra delicious and extra fatty and melty and lovely. Why? Felt like spoiling my friends.
♫ Music pairing: something with extra fat. ♫
Click to listen: Mos Def – “Ms. Fat Booty”
This track by Mos Def is from 1999’s “Black on Both Sides.”
- Pizza crust of your choosing
- Mozzarella di bufala
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Prep your pizza crust.
- Slice the figs and distribute fig slices and mozzarella across pizza crust. Drizzle with olive oil, grind some fresh black pepper over it.
- Bake until cheese is melted and a little bit bubbly/golden in places, like so:
- Yes I know my pizza is a funny shape and I don’t care.
- Sprinkle pizza with a little balsamic vinegar (reduced or not), or honey if you prefer, and then top with arugula.