Note: this is not an aperol spritz. Before you say,
Look at that photo. Yes, you would like one of those.
Now friends, you may ask yourselves, why does Portia even bother looking at recipes? By now you must know how I roll. I start out with the best of intentions to follow a recipe that someone who knows a lot more than me painstakingly arrived at through trial and error. But then, inevitably, I rebel and I just make sh*t up.
So what is it, and why is it not an aperol spritz? First, I forgot the soda water. Then, in addition to the orange, I threw in a lemon and a grapefruit, and some mint leaves. Why not. And then I added some limoncello because MISCELLANEOUS ITALY IN YO FACE. And so, the “rebellious aperol spritz” was born. Looks fun. Tastes fun.
♫ Suggested listening: something for those who can’t be told. ♫
- Bottle of bubbly, should be dry. Don’t give your guests diabetes, OK?
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup aperol? (maybe? I have no idea)
- 1/4 cup limoncello (again, not a clue. Whatever.)
- Mint sprigs
- Put the above in a pitcher.
- Get your friends nice at tipsy at brunch.