♫ Music pairing: melting pot ♫
Click to listen: Booker T. & the M.G.’s – “Melting Pot”
- 12 oz. cranberries
- Pistachios, toasted
- Sugar, cinnamon, and perhaps orange zest if you have an orange handy
- In a saucepan, bring ½ cup water, a bit of sugar, and cinnamon, cloves and allspice to a gentle boil. Add the cranberries and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces a bit and starts to get rather squishy and spreadable. Stir in orange zest if using, and remove from heat.
- Slice your baguette, brush with olive oil on both sides, and toast them under the broiler. I toasted a bunch, since I was making more than one type of crostini, then removed them.
- Slice some camembert and top the toasts, and put them back in until the cheese has melts. You might also be able to just toast the bread and melt the cheese in one go. I don’t see why not.
- Once cheese has melted, top crostini with cranberry sauce and finish with toasted pistachios.