I made these delicious animals for a New Year’s Day lunch/dinner, where we were all a bit worse for wear. One of our friends even napped through the middle of it, then got up and came back out and recommenced eating. Not a bad strategy at all.
Our resolutions? Most expressed a desire to never be hung over again (ha!), and some resolved to eat more cheese. I can get behind that.
Get on into 2015 and whatever is next for you. While listening to golden age hip hop. Obviously.
♫ Suggested listening: what’s next? ♫
Click to listen: Leaders Of The New School – “What’s Next”
- Pears (I used red ones)
- Pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- Roll out of bed on January 1st.
- Hydrate and take some ibuprofen.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a baking pan with a neutral oil (I used avocado; canola would be fine I guess).
- Slice your ripe pears lengthwise, and leave on the stem because it looks nice.
- Scoop out the middle a bit so that the cheese etc. has somewhere to situate itself later. Chow down on the pear chunks that you have scooped out. Place face down on the baking pan and bake for 30 min.
- Take the pears out of the oven, flip them over and put some brie in the hollow-ed out middles. I put a bunch so that it overflowed a bit and looked extra tempting. Mmm.
- Put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- Take them out again, sprinkle with the chopped pistachios, and then drizzle with honey.
- Bring to your hungover and grateful friends.
- Take a nap.
- Happy New Year.