Alright, fine. I will now concede that summer is over and it’s time to turn our attention to sweet potatoes and the pumpkin EVERYTHING that is taking over the universe. Here are some sweet potato muffins. Great for people who are doing some sort of wheat-free diet or are allergic to everything, like myself.
Here is one with a bite taken out of it. By me.
These muffins are extremely easy to make. I make them all the time. If you can have butter, be careful, because if you put any butter on these after they come out of the oven, you will eat every single one of them. Here’s how to make em.
♫ Suggested listening: something sweet. ♫
Click to listen: Van Morrison – “Sweet Thing”
From Grass-Fed Girl
- 1.5 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add all ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Scoop into muffin tin, and bake approximately 25 minutes.
- See how easy that was?