It’s blackberry season.
I recently had a dinner party with something of a blackberry theme running through it (goat cheese was also recurring, as was arugula… OK there was more than one common thread).
On the menu that night:
- Blackberry wild rice salad
- Zucchini goat cheese rolls with harissa and mint
- Capellini with scallops and arugula
- Blackberry, pecan and brie flatbread
Let’s get cooking.
♫ Suggested listening: something with honey. ♫
Click to listen: Mariah Carey – “Honey” (Yes, I’m a 90’s kid!)
- 1 batch of flatbread/pizza dough – this is my go-to these days (or be lazy and pick up Trader Joe’s pizza dough like I did this time around)
- 1 pint blackberries (you may not need all of them depending on how big you make the thing)
- 8 oz. brie cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Salt (I used Himalayan pink salt because I’m fancy like that).
- Make your preferred pizza dough according to the instructions and roll it on out.
- What I should have done and will next time is to sprinkle the crust with cinnamon first, instead of afterward (oops).
- Then pile on the brie, then the pecans and blackberries.
- Bake until pizza is cooked, pecans are toasted, and cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with honey and a little bit of salt.
- Slice up and serve happily.