What are you gonna do with those?
Gonna make these.
Ladies and gentlemen, the last dessert of summer. I made this a few weeks ago, but couldn’t bring myself to wait until next year to show it to you.
♫ Suggested listening: something summery (I’m in denial) ♫
Click to listen: DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – “Summertime”
This recipe is from Martha Stewart. It’s terribly easy, and absolutely wonderful. It was a big hit with my dinner guests.
- 4 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 drops (less than 1/8 teaspoon) almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (totally optional; I didn’t bother with it)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop 3 tablespoons pistachios in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter, confectioners’ sugar, almond extract, and salt. Process until combined.
Place nectarines, cut side up, on a baking sheet, and squeeze lemon over top.
Place a generous tablespoon of pistachio mixture on each nectarine half. Chop remaining tablespoon pistachios, and sprinkle on top. Bake until fruit is tender and topping is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to 4 plates.
Whisk together crème fraîche and granulated sugar, if you’re using it (I did not). Spoon over nectarines and serve.