When life give you limoncello, and a bunch of people are coming over, you may find yourself inventing a cocktail.
I had a bottle of prosecco, a bottle of limoncello in the freezer, and also some frozen blackberries I had been putting in smoothies.
Since the people who arrived first were not the people who were in charge of bringing the wine, I had to get with my imagination. Can’t have your guests getting thirsty!
♫ Suggested listening: surprises & hospitality ♫
Click to listen: Fool’s Gold – “Surprise Hotel”
- Prosecco (or champagne, cava, or other sparkling white or rosé)
- Frozen blackberries (raspberries would also be lovely; as would strawberries. Slices of lemon would also look pretty)
- Fresh mint
- Combine about 80% prosecco to 20% limoncello (the stuff is sweet). Adjust to taste.
- Add frozen blackberries as non-diluting ice cubes.
- Garnish with mint (muddled or otherwise).
- Serve with pride.
Good thinking, you entertaining superstar you. Cheers.